7th Congressional District
Nomination papers for this race were due on Dec. 2. Two Democrats and two Republicans are on the ballot for the Feb. 18, 2020 primary.
- State Sen. Tom Tiffany (R-Hazelhurst), Republican
- Jason Church, northwest region director for U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, Republican
- Tricia Zunker, Wausau School Board president and attorney, Democrat
- Lawrence Dale, business man and veteran, Democrat
After the primary, the special election will be held on May 12, 2020.
5th Congressional District
While the race for the 5th CD, U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner’s (R-Menomonee Falls) seat, won’t occur until fall of 2020, candidates in this part of the state have also begun announcing.
- State Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) officially announced 17.
Other potential candidates:
- Matt Neuman, son of former U.S. Rep. Mark Neumann
- State Sen. Chris Kapenga (R-Delafield)
- Kevin Nicholson, who ran in the 2018 Republican primary for U.S. Senate
- State Rep. Adam Neylon (R-Waukesha)
- Matt Walker, son of former Gov. Scott Walker
- Ben Voelkel, an aide to U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson
- Former state Sen. Leah Vukmir (R-Brookfield)
- State Sen. Dale Kooyenga (R-Brookfield)
- Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow
- Former Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch
On the Democratic side, Tom Palzewicz, who lost to Sensenbrenner in 2018, announced he will run again.