On Thursday, May 13, the Wisconsin Legislature’s Joint Finance Committee (JFC) held an executive session to consider various motions related to the 2021-23 state budget. Click here to visit our main budget recap article for more information on the overall budget process as well as each executive session held by JFC in 2021.
Below is a list of motions that JFC considered on May 13, including whether each motion was adopted and how the committee voted. The committee includes 12 Republican members and 4 Democrats; all 12-4 and 4-12 vote tallies were along party lines.
- Motion 25: Wisconsin Historical Society (12-4)
- Motion 27: Department of Financial Institutions (12-4)
- Motion 29: Educational Communications Board (16-0)
- Motion 30: Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (12-4)
- Motion 32: Department of Revenue (12-4)
- Motion 34: Department of Veterans Affairs (16-0)
- LFB Paper 540: Statewide Debt Collection (Alt. 1, 16-0)
- LFB Paper 541: Unclaimed Property (Alt. 1, 16-0)
- Motion 33: Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (4-12)
- Motion 35: Department of Financial Institutions (4-12)
- Motion 36: Department of Veterans Affairs (4-12)
- LFB Paper 285: Employment Relations Commission (4-12)