Each interim summer, the Wisconsin Legislative Council provides legal and policy support to the study committees established by the Joint Legislative Council. This year, there are seven legislative study committees, which are comprised of legislators and public members.
The 2016 committees include:
- Study Committee on Access to Civil Legal Services
- Study Committee on Preservation of Burial Sites
- Study Committee on Publication of Government Documents and Legal Notices
- Study Committee on Reducing Recidivism and Removing Impediments to Ex-Offender Employment
- Study Committee on Rural Broadband
- Study Committee on School Data
- Study Committee on Volunteer Firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician Shortages
Over the course of the last several months, the committees convened to hear speakers and gather information on their topic in order to develop legislation. Read more on the current progress from two committees: Study Committee on Reducing Recidivism and Removing Impediments to Ex-Offender Employment and the Study Committee on Rural Broadband.