- Friday, April 9 at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Wednesday, April 21 at the Hodag Dome in Rhinelander
- Thursday, April 22 at the University of Wisconsin-Stout in Menomonie
- Wednesday, April 28, held virtually
Each hearing will begin at 10 AM and conclude at 5 PM. Individuals who wish to testify at the virtual hearing are required to register in advance. Written comments on the budget can be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In a recent interview with The Wheeler Report, JFC co-chairs Senator Howard Marklein (R-Spring Green) and Representative Mark Born (R-Beaver Dam) said that they expect this year’s budget process to follow a similar timeline as the previous budget. The co-chairs plan to send a budget bill to Governor Tony Evers by July 1.
Governor Announces Virtual Budget Hearings
On March 8, Governor Tony Evers announced a series of virtual public hearings seeking feedback on and discussion of his proposed budget. Each hearing will cover a different set of topics. The governor’s Badger Bounceback Live Sessions are scheduled for 6 PM on each of the following dates:
- Thursday, March 18: Economic Recovery & Opportunity
- Thursday, March 25: Accessible & Affordable Healthcare
- Tuesday, March 30: Transportation & Infrastructure
- Thursday, April 8: What’s Best for Our Kids
- Wednesday, April 14: Justice Reform & Marijuana Legalization
- Wednesday, April 21: Climate Change & Our Environment
As the state budget process proceeds, visit Hamilton’s 2021-23 State Budget Issue Update page for resources, summaries, and analysis on the budget.