Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) and Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (R-Rochester) have announced 2019-20 committee leaders for their respective chambers. The members of the Joint Finance Committee have also been finalized.
In the Senate, changes to committees include:
- A new committee on Agriculture, Revenue & Financial Institutions; chaired by Sen. Howard Marklein (R-Spring Green).
- A new committee on Local Government, Small Business, Tourism & Workforce Development; chaired by Sen. Andre Jacque (R-DePere).
- Dan Feyen’s (R-Fond du Lac) committee on Economic Development, Commerce & Local Government is changed to Economic Development, Commerce & Trade.
- Devin LeMahieu’s (R-Oostburg) committee on Elections & Utilities is changed to Utilities & Housing.
- Kathy Bernier (R-Lake Hallie) will chair a new committee on Elections, Ethics & Rural Issues.
- Patrick Testin (R-Stevens Point) will take over for outgoing Sen. Leah Vukmir (R-Brookfield) as chair of Health & Human Services.
- David Craig’s (R-Big Bend) committee on Insurance, Financial Services, Constitution & Federalism is changed to Insurance, Financial Services, Government Oversight & Courts.
- Dale Kooyenga (R-Brookfield) will chair a committee on Universities, Technical Colleges, Children & Families; replacing the former Universities & Technical Colleges committee chaired by Sen. Alberta Darling (R-River Hills).
In the Assembly, new committees include:
- Environment, chaired by Rep. Joel Kitchens (R-Sturgeon Bay)
- Forestry, Parks & Outdoor Recreation, chaired by Rep. Jeff Mursau (R-Crivitz)
- Medicaid Reform & Oversight, chaired by Rep. Rob Summerfield (R-Bloomer)
- Sporting Heritage, chaired by Rep. Rob Stafsholt (R-New Richmond)
- Substance Abuse & Prevention, chaired by Rep. Jon Plumer (R-Lodi)
- Community Development, chaired by Rep. Scott Allen (R-Waukesha)
Changes to committee chairs include:
- Rick Gundrum (R-Slinger) replacing outgoing Rep. Tom Weatherston (R-Caledonia) on Aging & Long-Term Care.
- Gary Tauchen (R-Bonduel) replacing outgoing Rep. Lee Nerison (R-Westby) on Agriculture.
- Ron Tusler (R-Appleton) replacing newly elected Sen. Bernier on Campaigns & Elections.
- Pat Snyder (R-Schofield) replacing Rep. Kitchens on Children & Families.
- Chuck Wichgers (R-Muskego) replacing Rep. Allen on Constitution & Ethics.
- Treig Pronschinske (R-Mondovi) replacing Rep. Cindi Duchow (R-Delafield) on Consumer Protection.
- Duchow replacing Rep. Terry Katsma (R-Oostburg) on Financial Institutions.
- David Steffen (R-Green Bay) and Rep. Rob Hutton (R-Brookfield) are switching committees. Rep. Steffen will take Government Accountability & Oversight, while Rep. Hutton will take over International Affairs & Commerce.
- James Edming (R-Glen Flora) will chair Labor & Integrated Employment, replacing Rep. Bob Kulp’s (R-Stratford) committee on Labor.
- Todd Novak (R-Dodgeville) replacing outgoing Rep. Ed Brooks (R-Reedsburg) on Local Government.
- Janel Brandtjen (R-Menomonee Falls) replacing Rep. Tauchen on Small Business Development.
- Kulp replacing Rep. Spiros (R-Marshfield) on Transportation.